Over 202,000 Washington residents now use Washington Prescription Drug Program (WPDP) discount card. Together they have saved over $30 million since the program began in February 2007. With the number of uninsured in our state at 1,000,000 and growing, the WPDP is asking for help spreading the word about the discount card program.
Here are some of the benefits of the card:
- It's FREE and every resident in the state of Washington qualifies. There is no age or income requirement.
- Card holders get discounts as high as 60% on generic drugs and up to 20% on brand name drugs.
- All prescriptions written by an authorized prescriber qualify for a discount; there is no formulary or preferred drug list.
- Card holders can speak to a pharmacist through customer service.
- It's easy to find a participating pharmacy by using the network pharmacy locator program on our Web site: www.rx.wa.gov.
- If card holders need to or prefer to order by mail, free mail order service is available through PPS®
- Card holders can check and compare the cost of generic and brand name drugs on our Web site: www.rx.wa.gov.
- Requesting a discount card is fast and easy:
- Go to www.rx.wa.gov and sign up online in English or Spanish.
- Call 1-800-913-4146 (toll free) for help enrolling in all languages.
- Complete postage-paid, self-addressed enrollment mailers.
Although this program does not coordinate benefits with insurance, the Basic Health Program, or Medicaid, we urge all Washington residents to enroll. Eligibility for other programs may change or there may be medications that are not covered by other programs or health plans. In those cases, the WPDP Discount Card can save them money on prescription drugs.
We have English promotional flyers and self-addressed, postage-paid enrollment forms in eight languages that we're eager to share. Organizations can order a bulk supply of these materials on our website www.rx.wa.gov. We will ship them at no charge.