The Washington Prescription Drug Purchasing Consortium was created by the 2005 legislature to allow self-funded businesses, labor organizations, and local governments in Washington State to pool with the state’s purchasing power to get the best prescription drug prices for employees. The WPDP for Groups has over 1,200 participating pharmacies in Washington including most retail chain pharmacies and over 60,000 pharmacies nationwide.
Reliable Partners Ensure Dependable Service
- MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc., based in San Diego, Calif., handles the claims processing, pharmacy network, and pharmaceutical rebate contracts.
- The mail order vendor is PPS®, based in Portland, OR. Mail order provides a fast, easy way for people who have chronic conditions to get their medications delivered conveniently to their home.
- Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy, is committed to fast, accurate and convenient home delivery of biologics and injectable drugs.
What does this program offer?
- Transparent pricing, no concealed mark-ups.
- 100% of manufacturer rebates passed back to the employer group, lowering the total cost of your pharmacy benefit program.
- Locally-based. Sharing the same time zone means we are always accessible.
- Dedicated customer service team that is available 24 hours 7 days a week.
- Guaranteed minimum contract rates for brand and generic drugs. Any size group gets the same low contracted rates.
- No hidden administration charges or costs-guaranteed.
- Formal (contract) audits available on demand.
- Savings between 3-5 percent on total annual prescription drug spending compared to other pharmacy benefit management programs.
Who is Moda Health?
WPDP selected Moda Health as the administrator for the prescription drug program. As the administrator, Moda Health receives and pays all your pharmacy discount card claims, issues your ID card and answers any customer service questions you may have.
Moda Health has been serving the Pacific Northwest since 1955 and is proud to provide more than 1 million people with medical, dental, pharmacy and vision healthcare. Learn more about Moda Health.
What if my group does not offer a prescription benefit or I have employees that are not eligible for benefits, can the WPDP still help?
Yes! If your group does not offer prescription benefits or if you have some employees exempt from receiving benefits, your employees can still join the WPDP Discount Card program for FREE! Discount card holders receive comparable pricing to employer groups and pay 100% of the discounted price at the time of purchase.
- No annual fee or hidden cost
- Open to every Washington state resident
How can my business join the WPDP for groups?
- Contact your employee benefits consultant
- Contact Robin Hilleary, the Moda Health Director of Sales and Marketing, at 866-938-7561 or email
- Visit the Moda Health website